These tips will aid you greatly in cleaning the vinyl flooring in your home
Vinyl flooring is strong, robust and is easy to maintain. It looks beautiful and stylish and the modern versions of vinyl flooring also come in the ‘luxury’ category. Sometimes accidents or spills may happen which may stain your flooring or damage it in some way. You need to maintain it on a regular basis and by using some simple and basic steps, you can keep the vinyl flooring in your house clean.
Do you have vinyl flooring installed in your home? You need to read the complete article to learn how to clean it!
Vinyl Floor Cleaning Tips:
- Remove loose dirt with a soft bristle broom.
- Clean with a damp mop for everyday care.
- Wash the floor occasionally with a gentle (non-abrasive) floor cleaner – always follow cleaning product instructions and adhere to cautions before use.
- Do not use detergents, abrasive cleaners or “mop and shine” products. These may leave a dull film on your Flooring.
- When using a vacuum cleaner, disengage the beater bar or use the “bare floor” setting to avoid damaging your Flooring.
To Prevent Scuffs When Moving Furniture
- Make sure furniture legs are smooth and won’t mar your Vinyl floors.
- Replace any small, narrow, metal, or dome-shaped glides with smooth protectors that are in flat contact with the floor.
- Place heavy-duty furniture casters or cups at the contact points of furniture or appliances you don’t often move.
Things that Won’t Wipe Up
Vinyl Flooring has a protective film. But there’s some stuff that just won’t come off easily. Glue, asphalt, chewing gum, oil, grease, candle wax and tar are hard to remove. Follow these simple steps to get stubborn stains off your Vinyl Flooring.
- Carefully remove excess residue with your fingernail.
- Clean with Vinyl Flooring cleaner using a nonabrasive white scrubbing pad.
- Rub lightly with odorless mineral spirits or isopropyl alcohol.
Preventative Carpet Maintenance
Carpet remains a popular choice for homeowners. Follow these simple, preventative maintenance steps so your Empire carpet will look newer, longer.
Cleaning Your Carpet
We recommend having your Carpet cleaned on a regular basis by a certified professional. We can help you understand the difference between professional services and do-it-yourself (DIY) options.
How to Remove Spots and Spills
Be prepared with the proper tools to clean up accidents quickly. Protect your investment with general cleaning instructions.
The original post can be found here: